How to make delicious sushi rice
For 3-4 Persons Preparation Time ca. 15 Minuten
- ★ If you have sushi vinegar
- Rice 450g, sushi vinegar 90ml
- Rice 600g, sushi vinegar 120ml
- ★ Making sushi vinegar when Sush vinegar is not available
- 450g rice, 60ml vinegar, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon salt
- 600g rice, 80ml vinegar, 4 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice with a little less water than usual. While cooking rice, make vinegar.
- When the rice is cooked, move it to a sushi bowl or a heat-resistant bowl with a large bottom and spread a sushi vinegar on the rice.
- Mix the vinegar from the bottom to make the vinegar spread throughout. Mix the rice vertically and horizontally. If ready, blow a wind with a fan or the like to blow moisture away.
- Mix the rice gently once again so that the top and bottom of the rice are returned one last time. If you spend too much time, you will lose gloss, so be careful.