Stir-fried fish cakes (Eomuk-bokkeum)
For 2 Persons Preparation Time ca. 10 Minuten
- Fish cakes 600 grams
- 2 onions
- 1 cup of water
- Chili Powder 2 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce 1-2 Tbsp
- Sugar 1 Tsp
- Other Vegetables Optional
- Boil water in a medium pot.
- Plunge the fish cake sheets for 30 seconds. Drain and cool. This step removes excess oil and makes the fish cakes tender, but you can skip it if you want.
- Thinly slice the vegetables and cut the fish cakes into bite size pieces.
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil over medium high heat.
- Add the vegetables, and cook for a minute until slightly softened. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the fish cake, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce over the fish cake and vegetables. Stir well, and cook until the sauce is all absorbed and the fish cakes and vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.