Oyakodon (親子丼) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl
For 2 Persons Preparation Time ca. 15 Minuten
- Meat from a small chicken leg ( 200g )
- Half an onion ( 100g )
- 3 eggs
- Mitsuba parsley to season
- Preferred serving size of rice
- A half cup of dashi soup stock
- [seasoning] 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- [seasoning] 2 tablespoons of sugar
- [seasoning] 2 tablespoons of mirin cooking sake
- Chop the mitumba parsley in preferred length, best about 3 cm. Cut the meat from the chicken legs into bite-sized pieces. Chop the onion into 1 cm cubes. Beat the eggs.
- Mix the dashi soup stock and all seasonings - soy sauce, sugar and mirin in a separate saucepan and simmer.
- Pour half of the boiled soup into the Oyakodon pan and simmer over medium heat. Divide the ingredients in half to make a single portion. Add chicken meat, bring back to the boil, and then add the onion. Turn the chicken over after it has returned to the boil, cover with the lid, and simmer on a low medium heat until cooked.
- Pour half the volume of the beaten egg onto the hot section of the pan. Simmer on a low boil with the lid on , turn off the heat and sprinkle the Japanese parsley, cover and allow the eggs to steam in the residual heat.
- Serve the finished egg over a bowl of rice to complete the dish.
- Garnish the rice bowl with the parsley before serving.