Japanese Yakiudon, Stir-Fried Udon (焼きうどん), with Beef and Soy Sauce
For 2-3 Persons Preparation Time ca. 25 Minuten
- 225 g udon noodles
- 225 g thinly sliced beef (sirloin or ribeye)
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 75 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 5 cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml sake
- 15 ml mirin
- 5 g katsubushi (bonito flakes)
- 5 g aonori (dried green seaweed)
- 10 g benishoga (pickled ginger)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the udon noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrot, and green beans to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked udon noodles and beef to the skillet with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sake, and mirin. Pour the sauce over the noodles and beef, and toss everything together until well coated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has been absorbed by the noodles.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the aonori and the katsubushito over the top of the noodles and serve hot.
- Place the benishoga aside and serve hot.