Cheese Tuna Mayo Kimbap
For 3 Persons Preparation Time ca. 20 Minuten
- 5 sheets of seaweed (gim)
- 750 grams of cooked short-grain rice
- 1 can of tuna in oil, drained (about 150 grams)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 100 grams of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, mayonnaise, chopped green onions, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until fully combined.
- Lay a sheet of seaweed on a bamboo mat (makisu), with the shiny side facing down.
- Spread about 150 grams of cooked rice evenly on top of the seaweed, leaving a 2.5 cm border at the top.
- Spoon some of the tuna mixture onto the rice and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the tuna mixture.
- Roll the seaweed tightly using the bamboo mat, pressing down gently as you roll to make sure the kimbap stays tight.
- Repeat steps 2-6 with the remaining seaweed sheets and ingredients.
- Once all the kimbap rolls are made, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top.
- Cut each roll into bite-sized pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later. Enjoy!