Korean Stir-Fried Squid
For 3-4 Persons Preparation Time ca. 20 Minuten
- 450g squid, cleaned and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4-5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15g) gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) rice wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, gochujang, honey, and rice wine to make a sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the squid and garlic to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the squid is cooked through.
- Pour the sauce over the squid and vegetables and stir-fry for another minute or until the sauce is heated through and evenly distributed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with steamed rice.